Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

AL8860 Ton min

Winsu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am designing a LED board using the AL8860. My application would run from 30V ( Vin max) to Vout of 12.08 at 480mA. I don't have a problem with the nominal current , the problem comes when I reduce the current to a 10%. The datasheet states this:

1605979748215.png

I have done the calculation when I have 47mA of Iout and 11.04 V of Vo to calculate the Ton and it is less then 500ns( using an inductor of 440uH, which is bigger than I would like to use). Below is the equation:

1605979920120.png

I wonder if while using analog dimming mode I still have to calculate the Ton to know if the converter would do the switching properly or I just need to make the calculation for my nominal current and how the dimming current is just the 10% of the nominal( datasheet states it dim the current down to 5% ) I don't have to worry about it.

Any help would be useful? .

Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor