Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AHB SPLIT and BURST similarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArminCoder

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I have a question about AMBA AHB bus. I wanted to know if there are any similarities between the burst and split operations in AMBA AHB.

I am aware of the differences but wonder if there are any similarities.

Thanks in advance

can u pl explain their differences and what split is all about?

a split operation is a property of a device that can tell the master that I can't handle the appropriate data to you right now and need a long time typically more than 4 clock cycles and so puts the master in a waiting state so that the bus can be granted to another master until the device has the data ready and then it will inform the arbiter and the arbiter grants the bus the the splited master. a device can give simultaneous split to several master

The differences I thought about is that the master initiates the burst operation while the split operation is initiated by a split capable device.
burst operation is used for peripherals with higher speeds to read more data from data without a great clock overhead while the split is ment for slow devices to gain time for preparing the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back