Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

afficheur alphnumérique pour écrire un mot par un PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mayra

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bonjour à tous
je cherche un afficheur peu cher pour afficher un mot (12 caractere max) en une seule ligne et qui est commandable par un PIC
merci pou tte propo :grin:

Bonjour,

Are you looking for a inexpensive 12 character display, like a LCD? Serial or Parallel interface?

What model of PIC are you using?

Reactions: 3mayra

3mayra

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i use pic 16F877A, and i like to display a word containing less than 12 caracters

Most of the inexpensive LCDs are 2 line, 12x2 or 16x2 available on several European sites for 6-8 British Pounds. Here's a site with several models ranging from $8-$9 US:

LCD Displays

Search for "12x2 LCD" or "16x2 LCD" for a source in your location. Parallel interface with usually be the least expensive, also the 16x2 LCDs are sometimes cheaper.

You could also rob a LCD from junk equipment you have access to, most are based on the HD44780 compatible chipset.

Check eBay.com LCD, if an option, the Chinese almost give them away with free shipping, like $3.89 for 16x2.

Hope the info helps in your endeavors.

3mayra

thanks but these display have 10 mm digit size ! I need one wich have digit size between 50 and 57 mm.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

remark: display should be able to write word in arabic !

use graphic LCD instead of alphanumeric one. you can display a custom character (arabic, greece, japan, etc) with graphic lcd...

3mayra

You can download a bitmapped Arabic Font to the LCD controller, I believe you're limited to 8 characters in CGRAM at a time.

CGRAM can only store 8 (5x8 format) or 4 (5x10 foramt) user defined character

However, if you need 50mm+ character height you'll most likely need a LED display panel. They are not cheap.

Example:

LED electronic display board

They normally have a serial interface, RS-232, etc.

Check eBay.com LED Display Board, maybe the Asians have some good deals.

Make sure the model has an Arabic Font or can accept font bitmaps which you can download to the unit for your Arabic Character requirement.

yes..i`m afraid you must go for a led panel, since it`s nearly impossible to get LCD module for that height of character (unless you order LCD manufacturer to produce 500.000 LCD`s of that..:))

please can i have an idea about the maximum height of character with LCD module

with alphanumeric LCD, you have a fixed height of character (only ±7mm), but with LED panel or Graphic LCD, you have height of character as long as you like (as long as it fits the LCD/LED Panel screen)

There are some 13-14mm character heights available in a LCD. Yes, you can use the entire height of a GLCD to display a character, however this will severely limit the number of characters across the display to 3 or 4.

The LED display board seem to be like the best option with your requirements.

so can i have a LED display with 5v supply?? and can I make command this display with a PIC 16F877A (for example) to write even arabic caracters ??

The LED Display board is a self-contained unit with a serial port, RS-232 for control. Yes, the PIC16F877A has hardware serial port feature which can communicate with the LED Display Board. If the LED Display Board can display custom bitmapped graphics, then it can display Bitmapped Arabic Fonts. Many of the LED Display Boards have this feature, just ask the supplier. The LED Display Board will require its own power source, usually a power adapter plugged into an outlet.

3mayra

model of a led display board (his total dimension lenght above 35cm~40cm and width exactely 7cm (if possible))

caracter height less than 57 mm because i use in quoted a billposter 7 seg 57 mm digit size ( dimension 70mm x 48mm) :aesthetic is required :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back