Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] AES-XCBC-MAC-96 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmeddeia

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
salam alikom

i am working on AES-XCBC-MAC-96 and when i try case#7 it gives me wrong output although all the previous 6 cases are ok thanks ***
have any one tried this case??

please help me

thanks,

salam alikom

salam alikom

i am working on AES-XCBC-MAC-96 and when i try case#7 it gives me wrong output although all the previous 6 cases are ok thanks ***
have any one tried this case??

please help me

thanks,

salam alikom

Since the 7th test vector gives a wrong output ,
possible reasons are
1.Design has some Weakness
generally some iteration procedures are involved in these Message Authentication Codes ,so some parameter may be
wrong that gives the mismatch .

I have implemented a CMAC with Anubis instead of AES ,one method of trouble shooting is generally to check the results produced by
a Well verified implementation .In the case of Anubis there were some troubles and a parallel implementation in C along with HDL Were used to
verify the working .

Cryptography for Developers -Simon Johnson has a good chapter on Message authentication Codes ,it was one of mainstay during the CMAC development

Last edited:
salam alikom

thanks blooz for ur great help, u always help me,...........really thanks

well for the test vectors, i doubt them as they are tested by the author of XCBC-MAC himself: "These test cases were provided by John Black, co-author of the
XCBC-MAC algorithm, who verified them with 2 independent implementations"

well i will try to check them,maybe the error is in my matlab code

thanks blooz

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

salam alikom

hi all, i have told u that i had a problem in AES-XCBC-MAC-96 test vectors especially in case#7
well the problem is solved,i had a problem in the input entered to my function,i didn't enter it correctly....that's the whole problem

salam alikom

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back