Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advice to newbie in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

saudrehman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hib guys,i intend to learn linux for use in embedded systems.i donot know anything abt linux.
i wanted to know what are the various areas,jobs in the linux industry and their prospects.
also what are the basic books and skills required in linux.

HELLO..

It's nice to read that you want to learn Linux. But you need to be a bit specific my dear friend.

Linux and embedded systems are not same. Linux offers solutions for embedded systems. You can make your own kernels in Linux.

First of all I would like to make it clear that Linux is an Open source OS.

You encompass an entire community of OSs when you just say LINUX...

Now you gotta be specific which linux:

RedHat linux 9.0
SUSE
Fedora Core
Slax
Slackware
Kubuntu

Moreover there are other types of OS called Debian OSs like Ubuntu.. They are look alikes of Linux..

Linux surely has good job opportunities. You can be a Linux Network engineer or a System developer, but it's on later stages.

Linux being open source you can use it to make your own OS also, NO LICENSE required!..

If you really want to start learning LINUX.. Select one from the list of LINICES given above...

Here's a starter guide I am attaching to my message if you wanna see!..

You must be good at any one programming language!..

Rest you can do it!..

I hope it helps!..

Regards!...

I agree with pnnavigator0915's above statements, here is a bit more info.

Eventhough I don't like Ubuntu that much, you can order free copies for Intel and AMD, they pay for shipping. You just use.

But if you realy want to go into a "commercial version" of a Linux like system, get a version of FreeBSD. The core and GUI is free, but the license claim that any program written for BSD systems can be sold.

hey chekc out my posts,,,i have posted some links abt linux for embedded systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.