Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on building simple device to control lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

andru123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
advise beginner kit

Are there any books, FAQ, etc. on this topic?

I would like to build some simple device to control lights. Nothing fancy - may be some inputs from detectors.

But I am a bit confused about all these PIC, AVR, 8051, etc...

I would like something cheap, easy to program (preferably via PC)
I heard about some handy boards, tiny boards etc.
Is it something to look for?

Where to start?

Re: advise beginner kit

HI

Use the TI msp430 you can buy a start kit for $99 or buy

a development board & Jtag ICE from www.olimex.com for even lower cost (around $50)

form TI site you can D\L the software for wirteing and compiling the code

in ASM or C language

Bset

Bobi

You can use PIC microcontrollers. You have free of charge develpment software with simulator and for about 80$ you can buy ICD2 that is used for in-circuit development and debugging of software that you make. With ICD2 you can also program most of PIC MCU's. Also for about 5$ you can make your own PIC programer using PonnyProgrammer which is free.
Simce

hi,
There is a wonderfull Trainer Board for PIC microcontroller which supports all 18 pin PIC MCU's. It got enumers features, and specially desigined for educational purpose for those who wants beginning or intermediate level experties in the field of PIC microcontrollers. I have personlly purchased this KIT and found PIC progrmming mannual free with kit with lots of sample codes. You can download detailed fetures of this kit from

www.technocrafts.com

:D

advise beginner kit

hi,
try PIC MCUs, buy some development kit like PIC-01 by Loginway http://www.loginway.com for example and some programmer. I use Microchip ICD2 and reccomend that one.
Greg.

Glogin,

Don't you think that during 2 years (05 May 2004 ) andru123 has solved his problem ?

silvio said:
Glogin,

Don't you think that during 2 years (05 May 2004 ) andru123 has solved his problem ?

maybe so, but I'm looking for the same information now that the original poster was looking for, so I'm glad he posted another link!

Hi
I think u shud use 8051 microcontroller.
If u are from pakistan then pm me. I can give u better advice where to get the programming kit and software at best price. AH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back