Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Tek

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to thank you for reading my post in advance on this forum. I appreciate your time, insight, and advice.
I have found a lot of information on the internet to help me understand, repair, and fix SMPS (Switched-mode power supply). I also found out that my used Tektronix 2465DVS oscilloscope is more than enough to help me test SMPS. In addition to that, I plan on purchasing the additional two items. First on my list is the Saleae Logic Analyzer, for the best price for me and home use. The second thing on the list is an Ana Tek Blue ESR meter. The finally items that I would like to mention in summary, that I own are a Fluke 87 III, a Weller WTCP 60w 120volt soldering Iron and I use a standard ESD ZD-108 desoldering pump.

The only reason why I am posting this post is to get feedback, insight and any additional equipment that I might need for testing and repair. I want to make sure form your insight and advice, that I am on the right track with the equipment needed to help me test and repair SMPS.

Once again thank you in advance.

Electronic Tek

Not sure why you would want a logic analyzer, unless the supplies are digitally controlled and you're actually developing the controllers.

A fully digital scope with a large memory depth is very helpful.

An electronic load and a function generator would both be useful.

And it's difficult to understate how useful a thermal camera is for debugging power supplies.

I want to thank you, for your input on a function generator. I did a lot of searching on google and found others talking about the Logic Analyer. After your comment. I did some more research on that topic and found out you are right. I have to say at first thought. I do remember thinking that I was going to need a function generator, but after searching google and got side track. Thanks for getting me back on track. I am doing some more insight on the additional items that you talked about. Thanks again.

I want to thank you, for your input on a function generator. I did some additional research on that topic and found out you are right. I have to say at first thought, before I started searching on Google. I do remember thinking that I was going to need a function generator, but after searching Google. In regards to SMPS and oscilloscopes all I could find was topics with the logic analyzer or a signal generator. Thanks for getting me back on track. I am doing some more insight on the additional items that mention above. Thanks again.

I want to thank you, for your input on a function generator. I did some additional research on that topic and found out you are right. I have to say at first thought, before I started searching on Google. I do remember thinking that I was going to need a function generator, but after searching Google. In regards to SMPS and oscilloscopes all I could find was topics with the logic analyzer or a signal generator. Thanks for getting me back on track. I am doing some more insight on the additional items that mention above. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.