Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Simulation substrate issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

NOTE: I am using ADS almost for 6-7 months to design RF filters. I design filters and simulate them. From now on, I used 1 layer subtrates like in Fig1 for simulations.

I have a circuit which includes both low pass and high pass filters. For this circuit, firstly, i used 1 layer subtrate like in Fig1. The simulation result is shown in Fig2 for that circuit and 1 layer subtrate. For the same circuit, I used 2 layers subtrate like in Fig3 and simulation result is like in Fig4.

The only thing which changes is subtrate which changes from 1 layer subtrate design to 2 layers subtrate design. What can be the reasons of changing simulation result by looking at the Fig2 and Fig4 ?

Can you give me some advices ? Thanks for advance.

Attachments

• Fig1.jpg
    Fig1.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Fig2.jpg
    Fig2.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Fig3.jpg
    Fig3.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Fig4.jpg
    Fig4.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 79

What is your Port Configuration for second set-up ?? How could you arrange your ports ?
This is important because while Ports having implicit Grounds in first config. how the Ports are tied in second configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back