Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS resistance calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathas

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I connect a microstrip line with impedance of 31ohm at 0Hz(trying to take the value of impedance for DC calculation), to a resistance of 50ohm, I am getting a resistance of 48.5ohm. The microstrip portion is realized as component in momentum layout and resistor from the lumped component pallete during ADS simulation. What is happening here?

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't I be getting 81ohms?

Hello,

If we are talking about 0 Hz, then you should measure only your lumped resistor of 50 ohm. The microstrip line is just a piece of copper(with extremely little resistance).
At much higher frequencies it becomes a impedance question. Here it will be from a transmissionline point of view...depending on the length of line, frequency etc.

Regards

Reactions: Lathas

Lathas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The problem was that the component must be characterized for 0Hz during the cosimulation. After adding the 0Hz point in the layout model generation, it showed correct results (negligible real part) for the microstrip and combined resistance of 50ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.