Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Optimization using cosimulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,
I created a layout for coplanar waveguide in ADS and then created an EM model and added pins, then created a symbol and ran cosimulation between schematic and EM momentum microwave. I ran the optimizer tool in ADS but my problem is that some of the jobs fail and error is

At least one port pin or bondwire end is not

fully connected to a conductive part of the

design (see the layout processing report for

details).
"

The point is that all pins are directly connected to the conductor top layer and their ground is also defined as the bottom layer. and what is confusing that not all jobs fail!
some of them succeed as shown in the attached photo. What I have in mind is that "maybe" when the optimizer tool sweeps over a different length for the line it doesn't change the size of the ground plane or the position of the pins ? but this is too dumb if that's the problem!
Any ideas about the source of this problem/possible solutions?
Thank you all very much in advance.

Attachments

• job.PNG
    job.PNG
    133.2 KB · Views: 115

What I have in mind is that "maybe" when the optimizer tool sweeps over a different length for the line it doesn't change the size of the ground plane or the position of the pins ? but this is too dumb if that's the problem!

Yes, that is indeed an issue. It depends how your artwork is created and swept. The best solution is to have a scalable artwork with pin, and the EM port is placed on that pin. Then it will move properly.

If you are using your own AEL artwork, placing that pin is not difficult. Have a look at my appnotes with the different parameterized Momentum strategies:

Yes, that is indeed an issue. It depends how your artwork is created and swept. The best solution is to have a scalable artwork with pin, and the EM port is placed on that pin. Then it will move properly.

If you are using your own AEL artwork, placing that pin is not difficult. Have a look at my appnotes with the different parameterized Momentum strategies:
Hello Dr.
Thank you very much for your answer. Actually I was using a polygon plane for ground in addition to a transmission line component so my problem was that ground plane didn't change with the component.
I solved this problem by adding other compnents "crossover" to act as my ground plane and made their length same parameter name as the length of transmission line and now it works properly. Thank you very much for your time and your amazing effort on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back