Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Optimization help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohkha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design UWB filter 3.1 to 10.6 GHz bandwidth. Center frequency at 6.85 GHz. I have to optimize my design due to the limitations of parameters(> 250 microns). I want my S11 response to be equi-ripple and <= -10dB.
In defining goals how I put my these conditions over the frequency range of 3.1 to 10.6 GHz. Need help :smile:

no one is here to help me? :(

This constrain should be put in components' optimization definitions.As you know, every component has value/optimization tab and in this tab the restrictions can be defined.

thanks for reply. I got that part. but how to make it equal ripple in whole pass band. We have to set some condition in goals, but i dont know what condition?

Reactions: nori

nori

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can set ripple upper limit and lower limit as max value and min value.

Reactions: nori

nori

Dear Tony, thanks for suggestion. I am attaching the the results of my ADS simulation. Can you tell me how to equalize the ripple level at -10 dB, what will be the Expr for goal. which optimization technique is better. thanks

Result https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/1_1311559213.jpg

So in ADS your goal of S11dB should be: max value=-10.
For your simple design, the optimization techniques should be auto selected.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

You can upload your schematics if you meet some problems.

Thanks you so much Tony i am attaching my schematic. Kindly have a look. tq

Ps: I want to get -10 dB ripple level in passband. There is a expr in ADS goals say ripple(dB(S11)) may be this one helpful to get it, but i dont know how to set it.

Attachments

• stripline_prj.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 86

Default values for MLW=1825.08, MLL=14753.3, CLW=62.8349, CLS=171.14, CLL=7376.64. I used optimization to get the response shown in the above schematic. But that one is not at -10dB.

There is a expr in ADS goals say ripple(dB(S11)) may be this one helpful to get it, but i dont know how to set it.
You just need set the max of the dB(S11) to -10, then start opt.

But i that case one or two of my ripple level stand below -10 dB. I want all of them to be at -10dB.

dB(S11) that is in dB unit, in fact it can convert to number value, say 1.2
S11 is VSWR, it should be less than some value specified by you, say less than 1.2
You should read book about S11.

Reactions: sohkha

sohkha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back