Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Monemtum simulation not accurate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

currently i am designing a patch microstrip antenna using ADS and i encounter some problems. i have two design dimensions and when i simulate thme using momentum i get both S11 response at 2.4 GHz. i know one of them is wrong , the other is correct (the measured S11 is at 3.5 GHz instead of the 2.4 shown in ADS) as i have fabricated the antennas and measured them using a network analyser. so is ADS momentum simulation not accurate? what is the cause of the inaccuracte in ADS? thanks a lot..

Regards
goo

Possible problem is that you εr value is wrong.
I had a design that the board company use a
2.96 εr in stead of a 10.2 εr, and my match
was 450MHz off.

Good luck

hi,

i encountered a similar problem with momentum several years ago. as far as i can remember, one possibilty may be due to the dataset of momentum. before starting the simulation, please be sure that momentum updates your previous dataset or reads your s-parameters from the correct dataset. as i had exactly the same problem, i'm sure that your simulation environment is OK (material parameters, layout etc.). in worst case, simulate your second antenna in a different project.

hope this helps.

Dear,

After 5 years experiences with ADS,I realy think that it is one of the 3 top electromagnetic softwares.
About your problem:
check your mesh setting.sometimes incorrect mesh setting give you incorrect
results.also check box & port setting.depend on project internal port or single port
must be used.

Good Luck!

hi all,

thanks for the reply. realli love this forum, lots of helpful guys.:D. i will go check all the item u guys mention, thanks.. have a nice day!!

regards
goo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back