Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS Momentum G2 - cannot create EM model of microstip structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a filter simulated in Momentum. I want to use the filter as a circuit element to simulate it in chain with active components in ADS.
I followed this video step by step to create EM model of my filter but when I actually import the filter EM model from my library, all I get is .ds file with s-paramters that were simulated.

What I want is to have exactly what the guy has in video - when I have an active element before the circuit, I want EM simulation run again, not just .ds file.

What's even more interesting is that the .ds file it's using is inherited from the original schematic (original name was distributed_1_toler but I copied it and renamed to LPF_my_model).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz1qsJD64Cs

1.PNG

3.PNG

What is missing in your workflow are the emModel and Symbol views. Have a look at my application note here: https://muehlhaus.com/support/ads-application-notes/em-parameters-momentum

- - - Updated - - -

when I have an active element before the circuit, I want EM simulation run again, not just .ds file.

There is no need to re-simulate the passive EM model - you make sure the EM frequency range includes the harmonics frequency range that you use in the nonlinear part for Harmonic Balance simulation.

Reactions: usx

usx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back