Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS :mixer frequency choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dili Neo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

how we decide the choice of LO frequency while doing up/down conversion using a mixer..?.what is the theory behind it...

Also can u tel me hw to do IF planning using Agilent ADS 2011 version??

thanks in advance

If you know no theory, please read a book about mixers. There is a lot of knowledge needed to design a good mixer; commercial ones are quite expensive for a reason.

hi,
can u suggest me a book ,available as free online pdf, to get a hold on mixer frequency selection.
If you know no theory, please read a book about mixers. There is a lot of knowledge needed to design a good mixer; commercial ones are quite expensive for a reason.

I know one by Maas: MIcrowave mixers. Try Minicircuits.com, they offer white papers on mixer applications. Also, Markimicrowave.com have good mixers and instructions.

for a simple system,if'freq is 0.1*LO’freq,so a filter can reject image freq from RF,bur for a complex system,it maybe not appropriate.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back