ADS: How to import from Layout to schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m10mn

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everyone,

I was wondering if there's any way to put a simulated two-port device which is simulated in ADS-Momentum, in the Schematic section.

I simulated a microstrip stub in Momentum ADS. and I want to put this two-port circuit in the Schematic.

How can I do this?

Thanks alot.

momentum has an option of generating a schematic from the layout....u could do that or use components from the microstrip TLines in the components palette and add the S-parameter simulation..specify the start,step and stop frequencies, add the port terminations found in the S-parameter palette and simulate the same...u would have to do all the above even if u generate schematic from the layout...and dont forget to add the MSUB component found in the microstrip TLine palette specifying the substrate paameters..

m10mn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
From layout click on momentum ---> component-->create update.
Now go to library and select this component and place it in schematic.

m10mn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello:

Thanks. It worked.

Hi,

I am also facing this problem.

As mentioned, I performed the operation in layout ---
momentum ---> component-->create/update

But I couln't understand the next operation (i.e., Now go to library and select this component and place it in schematic). Which library ???

What I am doing is --- After the creation of component in the layout,
Schematic --> Genarate/Update Schematic
Then I get the schematic with the same name of the microstrip line and the substrate, as mentioned in the layout.

But when I simulate this structure in the schematic, the simulator shows the error as --- Cann't find substrate 'MSUB1'

I think I am missing some step here.

Please mention all the steps for the generation of schematic.

Thanks.

hello

After u created the component component from layout, Go the Schematic, wherein u find a library(icon), from which u select the component u have created from layout.

Momentum---> create update-------> Schematic Library(icon)-----> Choose the created layout component.

For ur information the S-parameter files of the component are saved for u so that u can use in schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…