Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS help on frequency dependent resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modeling frequency dependent resistor

How can I define a frequency dependent resistor? I have tried a normal lump resistor with R=k*sqrt(freq). ADS does not like that. It told me to use Equation base component. I used one port z-parameter equation base component with Z(1,1) = k*sqrt(freq). It is ok for S-parameter simulation but when I ask for Z-paramater data in S-parameter simulation. All Z parameters are zero. Any better way to define a frequency dependent resistor?

I don't think there is something like "frequency dependant resistor".
Maybe because of that all values are ZERO ..

@DS help on frequency dependent resistor

Dear IanP. The frequnecy-dependent resister is for modeling purpose. I am trying to model some Coilcraft inductor, in the model,provided by coilcraft, there is a frequency-dpendent resistor. R = k*sqrt(freq). where k is given.

Did you solve this problem????

Replace R value of lumped Resistor to an equation defined variable. Otherwise, use a equation-defined 2-port to set the equation.

"Otherwise, use a equation-defined 2-port to set the equation.". How can u set parameters in 2-port Z-parameters? I use 1-port equation based. it works ok but when I turn the Z-parameter simulation on and use it to simulate 2-port. i get the warning message,

Reactions: Meryl

Meryl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
From your structure, I think the Z parameters are all infinite so you need to use only one port and connect another to the ground. This should work for the Z parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back