Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jihen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I want to synthesize a filter of order 2 to achieve the adaptation between two known Zin and Zl. Can anyone show me an automatic filter synthesis tool included in ADS ???
Thanks

Why ADS only? what specs?
why ADS only ----> bcz i wanna simulate a rectifier circuit , and this filter is for matching the impedance of rectifier (complexe impedance) to antenna's impedance (50 Ohm). So, i need a tool included in ADS which allows me to enter any impedance value.
Note : i used ADS design filter but i can't change the ZL to complex value.

Reactions: jihen

jihen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ADS can be used to design very complex filters, including EM simulation of them. The ADS program doesn't have a Filter Synthesis Tool, but Genesys does have (Genesys is part of ADS, for years now).
Genesys Filter Synthesis Tool allow to design active and passive filters (including microstrip), S/Filter Synthesis, impedance match, etc.

Could you show me where can i find (Genesys filter Synthesis tool), please !!!

You wanna design a filter or impedance matching ??You say "unknown" \[ Z_{in} \] and \[ Z_{load} \]
Since you don't know those quantities, you cannot realize anything.ADS has also Filter Design Guide and you can design any type of filter by using it.
But I don't think that is the problem.

Here you can find Genesys:

Years before it was purchased by ADS, Genesys Eagleware was able to design filters of various kinds very easily and with great accuracy.

jihen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back