Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS error message: Internal timestep 1.91586e-10 too small at time 5.00000e-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Attachments

• error file.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 156

There might be few reasons.
-Model is not 100% compatible with ADS simulator engine
-Model has some errors or missing points
-If you're using s-parameters, sampling points are out of min. and max. freq.
-The circuit itself has some floating nodes or extremely high or low valued components
-There are short circuits or open circuits
-You're using very short time step in simulator control
-Loads or terminations are non-realistic

There may some others but those are the first ones that came into my mind.
Transient analysis does not like discrete sampling such as s-parameters and discontinuities. If it's possible use time continues models for s-parameter defined components. in order to do this, use ADSs "SPICE Model Creator" and replace with.

There might be few reasons.
-Model has some errors or missing points
-The circuit itself has some floating nodes or extremely high or low valued components

There may some others but those are the first ones that came into my mind.
Transient analysis does not like discrete sampling such as s-parameters and discontinuities. If it's possible use time continues models for s-parameter defined components. in order to do this, use ADSs "SPICE Model Creator" and replace with.
Hi @BigBoss
I am using a model from NXP product. I answer your probabilities respectively,

answer: maybe, but I have performed s-parameter simulation previously and I have got an expected result. so I do not think there is an incompatibility in ADS. BUT, despite of what I said, when I open my project, I see such warning:
ailed to add item definition to cell "AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_DK:FSL_AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_MODEL"
Could not find cell "FSL_AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_MODEL" in library "AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_DK".

anyway, this do s-parameter simulation correctly.

-Model is not 100% compatible with ADS simulator engine:
answer: well, I had questioned about it from NXP company, and they answer their model support transient analysis.

answer: I am doing transient analysis using large signal model not s2p file.

answer: I am using test circuit values. some nodes are float by default such as thermal nodes)

answer: time step is about 1us. carrier frequency is 1090MHz. pulsed RF input signal has pulse width 128us (10% duty cycle). this does not seem too low.

answer: input and output load is 50 ohm.

thank you

I have checked the error log and I'm sure that the model has some problems.
Which version of ADS you've been using ?? Did you you know that you must install this generic DK before using particular component ?

It needs a registration. Without generic DK, simulations don't work.

OK, the problem is coming from the DK itself. It's buggy, call NXP support.
1656001584270.png

Last edited:

I have checked the error log and I'm sure that the model has some problems.
Which version of ADS you've been using ?? Did you you know that you must install this generic DK before using particular component ?

It needs a registration. Without generic DK, simulations don't work.

OK, the problem is coming from the DK itself. It's buggy, call NXP support.
View attachment 177043
Hi @BigBoss,
so so SORRY for such long delay to reply.
well I have told my question in NXP forum about this warning, the link is in the following:

NXP forum: warning

well, about my project, I have to say because of intellectual property I can not issue full project. so sorry about that. I am dong project for some company.

best regards,
thank you

Hi @BigBoss,
so so SORRY for such long delay to reply.
well I have told my question in NXP forum about this warning, the link is in the following:

NXP forum: warning

well, about my project, I have to say because of intellectual property I can not issue full project. so sorry about that. I am dong project for some company.

best regards,
thank you
Never mind, I have also observed this error. Even you do a simple DC simulation, ADS stops to run due to this bug.
You have to wait the response of NXP, you got nothing to do.

Never mind, I have also observed this error. Even you do a simple DC simulation, ADS stops to run due to this bug.
You have to wait the response of NXP, you got nothing to do.
Hi @BigBoss,
fortunately, I've git permission from my company to publish my simulation project. so, I have uploaded the link in the following. let me know the solution for this error if there is any. I would appreciated any help.

[moderator action: removed link to external file server]

do not forget to use the NXP large-signal model library. the original project is located in the "firstSchematic" cell.
best regards,
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi @BigBoss,
fortunately, I've git permission from my company to publish my simulation project. so, I have uploaded the link in the following. let me know the solution for this error if there is any. I would appreciated any help.
do not forget to use the NXP large-signal model library. the original project is located in the "firstSchematic" cell.
best regards,
thank you
I have mentioned earlier. This model has a bug and I have already observed that. So inspection your project is useless. You have to signal this error to NXP, they may hopefully correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back