Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS EMDS "Look-alike" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zihnisinir

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads emds

Hi,

I am trying to create a look-a-like model of my layout after the EMDS simulation is done. In that case, I expect to use this model in schematic with its simulation data.

But after simulating in layout (Project.dsn) and creating model, in schematic simulation, ADS is trying to simulate model again with creating new Project_work.dsn
The simulation setup in schematic is exactly same as layout simulation setup.

I was using this method in ADS 2006 Momentum and it was working. Anyone encounter with the same problem and solution?

thanks...

emds simultaion

You need to check the folowing actions.
1) select the option "delete the previous model data base
2) select the option "Add latest simulation result"
3) select "re use model"

Thanks for help but again it is creating the same Project_work.dsn .. And it tries to simulate again...

May I know which version of ADS you are using?
Actually , if you are using EMDS look-a-like component in schematic and performing simulation with "reuse mode" check box on, it will turn on emds engine only once after that it will open emds engine if you perform other simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back