Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS EM Simulation layout error

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC07

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.JPG

Hello, Iam quite new to ADS and I was trying to do layout for Wilkinson power divider and this error showed up. Can anyone tell what is the issue and how can I rectify it? Also, I tried with the same schematic in another device and it was working, so something is wrong with my system or software. I have also attached other screenshots as well.Thank you.
2.JPG
3.JPG

Job manager is a separate window that pops up when you start simulation.

Looking at your layout, it seems that you have not defined pins at the inputs/outputs, so there are no ports for EM. Or if you defined them, they are on the wrong layer.

Also, it seems that some elements are not properly connected, have a look at the connectivity symbols between elements.

Attachments

• jobmanager.png
    jobmanager.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 289
  • unconnected.png
    unconnected.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 279

APC07

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Job manager is a separate window that pops up when you start simulation.

Looking at your layout, it seems that you have not defined pins at the inputs/outputs, so there are no ports for EM. Or if you defined them, they are on the wrong layer.

Also, it seems that some elements are not properly connected, have a look at the connectivity symbols between elements.
4.JPG

Ok, I have redesigned the whole schematic and layout, but still the same error appears. BUt I was able to simulate the same on another device using anydesk. It is not possible to use another system everytime, and if anyone could help me out figuring out the issue, I would be very thankful.

Locate the job manager log (possibly a menu command) and open it. See if it clarifies the problem. You can post details here and a reader may know how to assist you further.
4.JPG

Ok, I have redesigned the whole schematic and layout, but still the same error appears. BUt I was able to simulate the same on another device using anydesk. It is not possible to use another system everytime, and if anyone could help me out figuring out the issue, I would be very thankful.

Sorry, it is not possible to help with this incomplete information. Also, you seem to ignore information in Job Manager.

Best regards
Volker // Keysight Certified Expert EDA

Sorry, it is not possible to help with this incomplete information. Also, you seem to ignore information in Job Manager.

Best regards
Volker // Keysight Certified Expert EDA
5.JPG

I do not know what the Job manager is trying to tell me. Could you please help me out? I can provide screenshots of whatever information you require. Iam just annoyed by the fact that the model works fine on other devices but when I transfer to my device, this error pops up. I cant even find solutions online.

If you scroll up in the log, are there any errors reported? Except for the "Job failed" it looks like a succesful analysis.

I really don't understand your error description with "moving to other device", it doesn't make much sense from an ADS perspective. Maybe it is something strange related to operating system access permissions of a temp directory, that sort of crazy stuff?

The initial layout showed incorrect components snap, or incorrect pin/port layers, as I mentioned.

If you scroll up in the log, are there any errors reported? Except for the "Job failed" it looks like a succesful analysis.

I really don't understand your error description with "moving to other device", it doesn't make much sense from an ADS perspective. Maybe it is something strange related to operating system access permissions of a temp directory, that sort of crazy stuff?

The initial layout showed incorrect components snap, or incorrect pin/port layers, as I mentioned.
No other errors,it stops by saying "Job failed" and Iam not getting simulation results. And when I said moving to other device, I meant transferring the files(schematic,etc) to another pc with ADS software, it is working fine. And I transfer the same files back to my system, the error comes again. I guess it is something related to my software or pc. how about me uninstaling and reinstalling ADS again?

This looks like a Windows 98 solution...

Uploading your ADS simulation file may get a faster answer.
Sorry, what does that mean? Where should I upload? Here? Sorry for bothering you, I didnt actually get what you meant

We'll assume your simulation file contains text similar to a netlist . It can be uploaded as an attachment to a post, or else included in your posted message (set off before and after using code tags).

No other errors,it stops by saying "Job failed" and Iam not getting simulation results. And when I said moving to other device, I meant transferring the files(schematic,etc) to another pc with ADS software, it is working fine. And I transfer the same files back to my system, the error comes again.

I understood that, but it should not happen. As I wrote above, check file permissions etc.

Regarding uninstall and re-install, I doubt that makes a difference. Better check your local system's file system where the project is stored (file permissions and available disk space). There might be some read-only files in results that can't be overwritten when you run again.

This may not be the problem but it looks strange to me that your layout has five pins labelled P1 and P2 through P6 with no P2. I would try reordering and remapping the pins as P1 through P5 with no 'missing' pin numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back