Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Diode Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoster

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

A really simple question. I am new to ADS and trying to simulate a half rectifier as the attached pics show.
Why is the diode also on Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 10.15.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-01-29 at 10.15.38 AM.pngwhen it is reversely biased?
If I put a capacitor parallel to the load, everything works well.

Thanks,
EOM

The load is too much that's why diode doesn't work becuse of very low AC current.Decrease load as for instance 100 Ohm, you'll see

Thanks for ur response, but not working either. That was what I suspected at first.
Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.12.57 PM.png

Best,
EOM

Hi,

Could anyone actually try this and upload the result?
It doesn't matter what diode module used. It will always be on when reversely biased.

Thanks,
EOM

I tried a similar schematic in a different simulator (the one at falstad.com/circuit).

For me it works as expected.

Screenshot:

The diode is a generic ideal diode. Infinite reverse breakdown V.

I cannot think of a reason for your diode to conduct at all parts of the cycle.

You source power is only 0dBm, too little.
you can increase it to +30 or +40dBm.

A anode of the diode connected the ground of the circuit, you get the half waveform.

Hi, can someone please help me with this.

I am designing a CRLH unit cell with an interdigital capacitor and short circuited stub (with via to ground) in ADS momentum. I want to use this single unit cell as a matching part for my rectifier circuit ( as of now i am using a diode for simplification). Can someone help me in suggesting a way to find the impedance of the unit cell using ADS, so that i can obtain a match with diode impedance. The diode impedance has been already calculated using a term component and then plotting S11 on smith chart.
I would also like to know how can i change the impedance by varying the length, width if interdigital fingers or short circuited stub.

Pls. insert a DC-block Cap. between the term and Diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back