Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Design kit for ADS 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_forouzan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between Design kit of ADS 2011 and Design kit of ADS 2009?
newly, i install ADS 2011. my last design kit that previously worked in ADS 2009 does not work now.
Last version of design kit is not compatible with ADS 2011?

Have u found out how to use ADS 2009 design kit in ADS 2011 ?

Hi,

it is all written in the manual of ADS 2011 how to convert design kits. it is just possible if you have the source code (*.ael files not *.atf files) of the dk.

Regards

Hi johnjoe
Thanks for replying. I have .ael file. I searched Manual.
Can u say which topic it is given or procedure for doing it..

Regards
S.Theepak

Hi,

the topic you will find under Design Kits in manual.

steps in short:

1. Check all *.ael files with aelcheck.exe (\ADS20..\bin)
2. run ADS2011, in main window choose tools/command line
3. type de_convert_kit()
4. convert kit

greetings

Reactions: theepak

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

theepak

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks johnjoe..
If u have any tutorial for this pls upload..

I have this .18 design kit and there is two boot.atf and pallete.atf in it and there is no *.ael on it :(

what should I do??
Can i convert it??

Sorry, but you can't convert it without ael-files. Ask maybe your distributor of DK

So but i need some .18 technology Design Kit...what should i do now?

I have design kit TSMC 0.18 RF CMoS tech for ADS 2005 but i have ADS 2011 how i can use my older kit in ADS 2011?

As mentioned below, you need to contact the foundry. They need to re-compile the design kit for ADS2011. You (the user) can not do that without having the sources codes.

Last edited:

The following TSMC PDKs are available for use with ADS:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent...02&id=1751699&cmpid=zzfindeesof-partners-tsmc

However, it should be noted:

The kits work seamlessly with ADS 2011, ADS 2009 Update 1 and prior ADS releases.

How to gain access to these ADS PDKs?

The PDKs can be downloaded from the restricted download area of the Agilent Knowledge Center. Please contact your Agilent EEsof contact person that he can grant you access. The PDKs do not include the corresponding “Spice Model Card”, for which you must contact your TSMC contact with the “Spice Model Card Version” stated in the table above.

Thanks for replying
Actually I a student and doing a project on LNA and I can't afford to purchase a design kit, can u please send me Design kit of "TSMC RF CMOS 0.18 or 0.13" or any other kit?
I shall be highly thankful to you.

Actually I a student and doing a project on LNA and I can't afford to purchase a design kit

You don't need to purchase the design kit, but your university needs to sign paperwork with TSMC and/or Agilent to receive it.
Sharing the design kit without the paperwork is illegal and will cause real trouble.

thank you sir,
paper work will take a lot of time and i need this kit urgently, sir can you please send this kit to my emil id- abhishek09406.nith@gmail.com
and i will also try my best to complete the paperwork.

i will be realy thankful to you.

That link takes you to the version of the DDR2 Kit that was developed for ADS 2009U1. It will not work for ADS 2011 or later.

However, if you have ADS 2011 then you already have what you need in the install it. Look in the ADS 2011 installation directory and then in the complianceKits folder. There you should find both the DDR2.zip and DDR3.zip file. Unzip the required kit to a suitable location where you can read/write files. The in ADS open the workspace you wish to use and in the main Window under Files > Manage Libraries... select the Add Library Definition File button at the bottom. Now browse to the location where you inzipped the kit select and open the lib.defs file in the DDR2 or DDR3 folder and exit out of the Manage Libraries utility. Now when you open a schematic view you should see the DDR2 vADS2011 or DDR3 vADS2011 palette with the Measurement and Report components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back