Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS design guide cell:fmax vs IC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonion2801

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ADS the design guide-amplifier-DC and bias point simulation-BJT_ft_fmax_vs Bias cell to simulate the Fmax variance with the sweep of IC. when I use the original schmatic with original ideal BJT, this cell works and I can get the results like below:
1.png

but when I change the BJT from the ideal one to the PDK, I can't get the full result(only get two) like below:
2.png

I check the error from the plot:Maximum frequency of oscillation (fmax) and other plot.
While evaluating "LcsGetNewExpName1":
Operation "[ ] sweep access", index out of range in dimension 1, independent "freq" must use an index in the range 0 <= index < 0
Can anyone knows what is going on and how to solve this?

thanks in advance!

I think the PDK model is valid for just a Small Signal. As you see, Nonlinear referenced simulations have not been done. Check the model and verify that the model covers nonlinearity.

I think the PDK model is valid for just a Small Signal. As you see, Nonlinear referenced simulations have not been done. Check the model and verify that the model covers nonlinearity.
What should I do in this case to get the ft vs IC curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back