Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS-CST Co-Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

matcia

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have been trying for some time to make a co-simulation with ADS and CST.
In terms of S-Parameter simulation the two work together very well.
However, when I apply a voltage on ADS in a AC simulation, I am not able to see the fields that the voltage stimulates on CST.
Any help would be really appreciated!

There is no solution to that when using CST.

For EM-circuit co-simulation including current viewer, you can use ADS EM simulator engines (Momentum or FEM). There is a utility "circuit excitation" that reads circuit simulation node voltages and applies this as port excitations in the EM field viewer. The use of this utility with ADS EM solvers is documented in ADS online help. I'm quite sure that CST doesn't support this workflow.

Thanks for your answer. I have use Momentum Simulation before in ADS, and in this case my structure just cannot be simulated on it.
Thanks anyway I appreciate it!

Thanks for your answer. I have use Momentum Simulation before in ADS, and in this case my structure just cannot be simulated on it.
Thanks anyway I appreciate it!

Yes, that is why I mentioned the ADS FEM engine that can solve 3D volume meshing problems. The FEM engine also supports the "circuit excitation" workflow for current viewer with co-simulation results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back