Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS & CST co-simulate

Status
Not open for further replies.

arash.h

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I want to export PCBs with active components (ex: BJT, MOS,...) from ADS & import them to CST. Is it possible to co-simulate in this way? How can I do this?
Thanks.

You can export from CST to ADS, but not in inverse order

arash.h

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Byteptr. But I have to simulate effects of the plane-wave radiation on a PCB with active lumped elements. What can I do?

arash.h said:
Thanks Byteptr. But I have to simulate effects of the plane-wave radiation on a PCB with active lumped elements. What can I do?

You can simulate the whole PCB using CST and export the results as a SNP file. You can then use this SNP file to simulate the active circuit with the effect of PCB.

arash.h

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In this way is it possible to simulate interference between plane-wave and circuite lumped components?

arash.h said:
In this way is it possible to simulate interference between plane-wave and circuite lumped components?

It will simulate interference among all PCB traces. I think it is difficult to incorporate the lumped component structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back