Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS: Connecting a dipole antenna and a Balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

anvc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I would like to make a full simulation of a double rectifier in ADS. The problem that I am facing now is to connect a dipole antenna model (1 port - s11 parameter) to a ballun (3 port device). How should I connect this two components? Should I excite both input balanced ports of the ballun with the same signal coming from the antenna?

I send a picture of my schematics in attachment to be as clear as possible.

Any advise would be really welcome!

Thanks!

Attachments

• rectifier_ADS.png
    rectifier_ADS.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 118

Perhaps I did not explain well my problem...

I have a UHF dipole antenna with an impedance of 46 -j0.8 ohms for energy harvesting objectives at 868MHz. Before connecting it to the rectifier, I have to use a balun, which s-parameters I can get from the supplier (3 port measurements from Mini Circuits at **broken link removed**).

The issue is that for impedance matching, I need to know the impedance added by this balun at 868MHz. How can I determine it ? Is it possible to simulate using the s-parameters 3 port measurements?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back