Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS CMOS model for 0.18um RF circuit simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibl01

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to ADS. Since ADS provides quite a few MOSFET models, I wonder which one is suitable to simulation cmos rf circuits of 0.18um process. I understand the best way is to get tsmc or umc design kit. However, for educational purpose, I would to use something like BSIM 3v3 or BSIM 4.

Thank you.

@ds supports several mosfet models and for each several versions.
the best way is to use provided design kits for the tool, it consists not only mosfet models but also passive components necessary for RFIC like MIM capacitors, resistors, varactors and inductors.
obiously without them u can not design any thing for RF applications.
BUT if u have spice midel for all devices (active and passive) u can import the model library to ads and then save it for copy and paste to other designs. u can also use netlist include box or if u r a proffessional user of @ds write the design kit your self.

BEST!

I have 3 question please:
Q1) Is it required license for design kit in @DS....since I get TSMC Design Kit but I failed to install it, after putting all Transistor it gives error for missing parameter !

Q2) for parasitic effect, can it be solve easily using @DS [I'm beginner also], like bulk effect, leakage current, IP3 …and other?

Q3) for SiGe and SOI tech., Is it need special Design Kits ?

Thanks in advance

A1) NOT required license for design kit in @DS. Please check your @DS version, maybe you should update to a new version.

A2) Yes

A3) Yes, Need special Design Kits from fab which providing SiGe and SOI tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back