Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Clarification on Substrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmund_Toh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Currently, i'm doing a circular and slotted patch antenna for GPS purposes which consists of 1 patch layer but with 2 substrates ( FR4 and Foam). I have trouble getting the frequencies i want which is at 1.575 GHz and 2.4 GHz. Here are the following that i define at my layout layers ( using A2006) in other versions i think is called metallisation layers.

Air
------ STRIP cond
FR4
------
Foam
/////////GND//////////

The 2 substrates is not separated, they are together without any conductor in between. A 50 ohms coaxial probe is then feed at the patch. My height of the substrate for FR4 is 1.6mm and Foam is 3.5mm.

Questions i want to ask are:

- Are the substates layout layers define correctly as i have described? Will incorrectly define them cause a change of frequency?
- I was suppose to use a single feed mode port but whenever i simulate it, it will change to internal port. Will this effect the the frequecy i want as well?

Thank you for the kind attention

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back