Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ADS] ADS workspace organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitor_a

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

My ADS workspace is sometimes disorganized.
I adopted a descriptive string to manage the levels of simulation for each cell:

Circuit_Step_task_version

Example:
Amplifier_00_bias_v1
Amplifier_01_impedance-matching-TLIN-ideal_v1
Amplifier_02_impedance-matching-LAYOUT_v1
Amplifier_02_impedance-matching-LAYOUT_v2
Amplifier_02_impedance-matching-LAYOUT_v3
Amplifier_03_Layout_TB_v1 (TB = testbench --> Circuit co-simulation)

Additionally, I take notes on a text file about what is observed on each step.
But sometimes it becomes a little messy, mainly when I create many versions.
The big problem comes up in the co-simulations, because it can have many other sections of the circuits (ex: bias-T, input impedance matching, output impedance matching, filters, etc.)

It would be good to discuss some tips and tricks that could help the design flow and retrieval of results.
Which methodology do you apply to organize ADS workspace?

I see many users use the "Folder View" to organize different versions. In Folder View you can create your own hierarchy oder folders and sub-folders, and then organize your cells/data displays into these folders.

But I agree this approach is not be ideal to track/manage iterative design of nested cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back