Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS 2021 error Failed to get views in library cell "powerampdg:fet_81xp".

Andrew77

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
how can I solve this in ADS 2021? every time it happens when I load "design guide" -> "amplifier" -> "DC and bias point simulation" -> "bjt" or FET
I remember to have deleted (before the error) some cell (schematic) that have been loaded into my workspace when I loaded this degin guide wizard, I was supposed that deleting some schematics (that the design guided added to my workspace) from my workspace could not delete the original but instead it happened!! (maybe I didn't archived the project?)
here is the error: "

ERROR: (dgStudio.ael line 21945, column 21 in de_get_views_in_library_cell)
Failed to get views in library cell "powerampdg:BJT_IV_Gm_PowerCalcs".: Failed to get data for cell "powerampdg:BJT_IV_Gm_PowerCalcs".: The cell does not exist."

ADS-2021_error.PNG
20230824_120735_resized.jpg
neither a fresh installation resolved the issue!
I would need of some files!
many thanks
--- Updated ---

ERROR: (dgStudio.ael line 21945, column 21 in de_get_views_in_library_cell)
Failed to get views in library cell "powerampdg:fet_81xp".: Failed to get data for cell "powerampdg:fet_81xp".: The cell does not exist.

Last edited:
You have forgotten to place "FSL tech Include" block in the schematic. You have to place this process definition block in your schematic.

You have forgotten to place "FSL tech Include" block in the schematic. You have to place this process definition block in your schematic.
BLF188XR doesn't need a tech file, my problems happen everytime, with new and empty schematic as well
--- Updated ---

BLF188XR doesn't need a tech file, my problems happen everytime, with new and empty schematic as well
every time I launch design guide -> amplifier, it doesn't find any cell

Last edited:
There is no problem with ADS2024. I have downloaded the DK from Ampleon and there isn't FSL block, It works standalone. I guess there is a problem in your ADS installation since this error appears in every time you open a schematic.
1692963660288.png

I tried to reproduce the configuration. When you start the DesignGuide, ADS creates a new directory "designguide files" at the same location where you stored your workspace. In that designguide files directory, you will find a directory "powerampdg" with the powerampdg library that your message complains about => I think this library is corrupt/incomplete in your case.

I would delete the incomplete/corrupt "powerampdg" directory, so that ADS will re-create it properly when you start the DesignGuide.

dg1.jpg

Last edited:
--- Updated ---

every time I launch design guide -> amplifier, it doesn't find any cell
Hi Andrew,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am facing the same thing. I deleted some schematics that came with a library and now the design library doesn't seem to work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling ADS. I'm at a loss here. How did you proceed?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Andrew,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am facing the same thing. I deleted some schematics that came with a library and now the design library doesn't seem to work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling ADS. I'm at a loss here. How did you proceed?

Thanks,

Josh
Find the "designguide_files" document, and delete the files which in it. then return the ADS, open the disgnguide which you want and wating the software unzipping it again.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks,

Josh
Josh, I installed ADS in another pc and I copied the missing library

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back