Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjusting the LCD and CCS PCW in C language

Status
Not open for further replies.

janogues

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody. I need use a 2X16 LCD, in 4 bits mode with the next connection whit the PCW:

Code:
LCD PIC

D4  RB0 
D5  RB1 
D6  RB2 
D7  RB3 
RS  RB4 
E   RB5

I dont have enough experience in C for adjust the LCD.C built in functions whith this connections. Somebody could help me?

Thanks

pcw lcd.c

I wrote modified LCD driver for CCS. It is using defauld lcd-pic
connections described in PicBasicPro manual. It is easy to modify.
I can send if you need.

lcd.c pcw

I've attached a modified LCD.C with changes for your purpose. In the bottom of the file you can read more about the changes I've made. I haven't tried if this file works. When you try it please let me know. You are welcome to ask me here or by PM if you have any questions to the changes.
Regards - ME

Re: LCD and CCS PCW

Hello. I developed a code to work with the following LCD pins:

// C4 rs
// C5 enable
// D4 D4
// D5 D5
// D6 D6
// D7 D7

Since I have already a PCB with these connections (because I started the code programming with assembler, but now I want to try it out with C) I'd like to know if lcd.c can be modified to satisfy these connections... In Me's NewLCD.c file I noticed that all the LCD functions are limited to PORTD, so I have no clue on how to give the data functions to PORTD and the RS and enable to PORTC. I don't know if I just have to declare another struct lcd_pin_map or something...:???:

Reactions: KONAMI

KONAMI

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.