Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable Dual Power supply ckt needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXPAYNE

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power supply ckt

I need a adjustable dual Power supply 0--->>+/-30v ckt as I am gonna build my bench supply. Please post a ckt if u have. But don't post ckt containing LM337 as I didn't find it here. Thanks in advance....

There's not only lm337 can be used, lm338, lm350,lt/lm1083/4/5 etc should be ok..
2nd source from other manufacturer too..

Hi

I think that LM317 can do this.
LM317 can got more easier than LM338.
But LM317 can use 1.5A(max).
For 4A, use LM350 and for 8A use LM338.

Hi dindeds, Thnks ...

My trnsfrmr is center tapped (24V-0v-24V). can i use uor ckt ?

Added after 51 minutes:

Also where is the controll pot location ???

If your transformer doesn't have isolated windings but one common centre tap you can use just one bridge, as shown in the attached picture ..

Replace 2.2kΩ fixed resistors with 5kΩ potentiometers .. this will make both output (independently) adjustable ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP, uor attached sypply isn't variable which I need..!!

Added after 1 minutes:

IanP, uor attached sypply isn't variable which I need..!!

Is it possible to make it variable ?

You can make that variable by putting a variable resister between the center pin (GND) and ground and put another resistor of 220 ohm between center and output pin. But remember the min voltage will be the regulator output voltage i.e if you use 7805, min voltage will be 5V.

Regards

Hello

check this circuit

Thnks but I don't able to manage LM337 as I wrote in my first post here....

Take note, the regulator ICs I mentioned above are +ve regulator type.
It,s best to use split 24V trafo (most Toroidal type hv) windings if you're not familiar with using single CT type. By using suitable pot in the Adj. pin you can vary the o/p voltage up to +/- 30V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back