Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADIS16362 interfacing problem with ATMega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal349

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have interfaced ATMega32 MCU with ADIS16362. I am facing a problem. When I make CS low and start reading data in burst-out mode, it gives garbage values, but when CS is continuously high, I get correct values but after some time there is a garbage data (0xFFFF) from all the output registers of ADIS16362 and it repeats so I give "high to low" transition to CS and it comes back to normal state but this happens after many iterations. This problem occurs very frequently. ADIS16362 operates in normal mode(SMPL_PRD = 0x01). THe sampling rate is set at 819.2 sps. SLP_CNT register value set to 0x0000.

First of all CS is not working as mentioned in datasheet for burst-out mode. Secondly, SLP_CNT register value is set to 0x0000 but when I give high to low transition to CS after garbage values are received, the chip comes back to normal state so I think the chip may going to sleep.

I have also read individual register(SUPPLY_OUT etc) (not burst-out mode) but the problem is the same.

https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADIS16362.pdf

If anyone has any ideas kindly help me in sorting out the problem.

Thanks

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.