Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Addressing space with address bus without AHB decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

choplin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I have only one master on ahb bus ,can I addressing space with address bus without ahb decoder.

about ahb decoder

Hi
as i am thinking ur ans is "no". because if there is more than 1 slave than it will required..

regards

Re: about ahb decoder

uditkumar1983 said:
Hi
as i am thinking ur ans is "no". because if there is more than 1 slave than it will required..

regards
but i think it have different address for different slave.Thanks for regards!

about ahb decoder

Hi ,
i did't got how u r telling "different address for different slave",
but you will recognize particular slave by decoding few address bit ..else how u will recognize which slave is performing transfer ..
For more clarification see amba spec document P. 3.4

Regards

Long time since i did any work with AHB but I do remember a few things. Lets see, you need some way of deciding which slave to select right ? that's what is done by the ahb decoder , the slave is dumb and starts acting when decoder says it is for it. In your logic the slave will now have to be intelligent enough to understand if it is meant for it which goes aganist the spec you will have difficulty if you plan to integrate any 3rd party ip on to your bus. Good luck.

A central address decoder is used to provide a select signal, HSELx, for each slave on the bus.The select signal is a combinatorial decode of the high-order address signals.the decoder design is based upon the number of slaves present and not upon the master.
u can get a clear idea with amba spec freely downloadable from arm site

It all depends on the single/multiple slaves u have on the bus.

about ahb decoder

whr can i get amba spec document P. 3.4 ?

about ahb decoder

you must have one decoder!

about ahb decoder

decoder depends on the number of slave
i think u needn't arbiter in that scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.