Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding devices in DxDesigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal_oct

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am wondering how to add devices which are not present in the central library. I mean adding new components with their spice model in DxDesigner.

Can anyone help me in adding new devices in dxDesigner ?

Thanks in advance !!

Best regards,
Bilal

You need to use symbol editor to create the device. In DxDesigner click File/New/Library symbol and then create your new component.

I guess it's File => New => Local Symbol in DxDesigner. What is the next step do I need to load or add spice model of new device ?

If you have a custom library assigned to your project, you can put your symbol there. That way you can use the symbol in other projects; if you put in the local library I'm not sure you'll be able to access it elsewhere.

As far as spice models, I've not used DxDesigner for simulation, but there are several parameters, e.g., SIM_MODEL and SIM_MODEL_FILE that might be what you're looking for; you would just add these parameters to your symbol, and then assign a value to them.

In fact I want to add BD139 and BD140 in my Schematic which I could not found in the Library of DxDatabook in DxDesigner. How should I add these two components in DxDesigner in central library so that I can use them in future in other Schematic.

In fact I want to add BD139 and BD140 in my Schematic which I could not found in the Library of DxDatabook in DxDesigner. How should I add these two components in DxDesigner in central library so that I can use them in future in other Schematic.

Assuming these devices are transistors, and there already exists a transistor symbol, you could just put the appropriate npn/pnp transistor in your schematic and then add the required parameters to the symbols. But I'm still not sure about the spice model part of this. You need to do some looking about the appropriate parameters, as I mentioned above.

Hi,

I have attached a file "Model.bmp". Please look at it and kindly let me know where I should write BD139. I guess I am missing with some parameters. Please help me to write appropriate parameter for this transistor to include in my Schematic.

Attachments

• Model.bmp
    431 KB · Views: 61

Hi,

I have attached a file "Model.bmp". Please look at it and kindly let me know where I should write BD139. I guess I am missing with some parameters. Please help me to write appropriate parameter for this transistor to include in my Schematic.

Please read post #4 and post #6: I STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPICE MODELS WITH DXDESIGNER.

I suggest you go to the Mentor website and look in their forums for some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.