Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding component libraries in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowpanther4real

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need SMMD-0840 . This is a srep recovery diode.

Could anybody tell me how to add/ download it in ADS, because I cannot find it in ADS default compnent library.

An early reply is well appreciated cuz i need it urgently.
thnks.

Thanking very much for your reply. I desparately need somebody's help.

I did try that by using Diode_Model (PN-Junction Diode Model) but unfortunatey when I try to make wire connections with other devices, then no connections are made. Why this happens so? Isnt there any SRD component already present in ADS library like other diodes?

Thanks.

You need insert a diode that use the model.

Do you mean I can insert any diode from Components Library and the insert SRD parameters in it?

Not any diode but the Diode (PN-Junction Diode), should be right next to the Diode_Model (PN-Junction Diode Model) on the same palette. These work as a pair the Diode give the connectivity and some data to determine things like the size and temperature of the device and the Diode_Model sets the Spice type simulation model parameters. The first parameter of the Diode is "Model" and should specify the instance name for the Diode_Model symbol, for example DIODEM1, and that is how the two parts of the data are linked. Both parts are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back