Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a source file of C language in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfet

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
.c file in MPLAB

I'm using MPLAB to write programs for my PIC1330. Normally I write assembly code but now I want to do this in C. But when I make a Project I can't put a .c file in my source file. The .c file comes in other files, so if I compile I get 'Build aborted. The project contains no source files.'.
Can anyone help me?

Re: .c file in MPLAB

Hi

This tutorial explains how to install MPLAB and the C18 compiler and then helps you make a first project.

**broken link removed**

Slorn

I have the same problem that you had. Have you been able to resolve it?
Thank you in advance.

after installing C compiler . have you checked language suite ??some time it will not simulate due to this also

Have a look at the link that Slorn has provided. It explains clearly how to setup a c-based project in MPLAB.

right click on the mplab editor window and click on add to project.then save the project.you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.