Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding 10.7 MHz signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

general_pete

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I was just wondering if a simple inverting/non-inverting summing amplifier using op-amps is the best way to add two signals at 10.7 MHz?

Thanks!

I would think that should work. You haven't really given us any specs. What are the amplitudes? What accuracy to you need? Etc.

Many thanks for your replies :) Well, I'm hoping to use the MAX2828 IC, which was designed for use with OFDM signals, with FSK signals instead. I know it should work ok for modulation as it was already used here (**broken link removed**) on the Niwaka satellite for this purpose.

With regard to demodulation it has I/Q output ports in the receive chain so I'd be hoping to sum the I/Q output signals (after they've been converted from differential to single-ended outputs) then band-pass filter them and use an FSK demodulator IC, such as the Phillips SA 605 to demodulate the FSK.

In terms of amplitudes, they'd most likely be 200-700 mVrms. What do you mean by accuracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back