Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

add a string of letters and numbers in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to add string of letters and numbers in mgrid before generating a gerber file how can I do it?

Hi, Plasma:

I am not sure whether you can do it on Gerber and whether it will be imported as text. I do see strings from Gerber are converted into polygons when they are imported into IE3D. The latest IE3D allows text objects.

Best regards,

plasma

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, Jian:

I want to draw the letters in IE3D and then export it to gerber, not text in gerber.
so I'm asking for the right way to do it.
another question: how can I zoomin or zoomout or pan the Mesh view?

Thanks

plasma

Hi, Plasma:

1. I will talk to the developer on the Gerber output of texts as polygons or paths.
2. There are 2 meshing views in IE3D 14.x. For the 2D meshing view, you have zoom in and zoom out buttons in the window. For 3D view, you use the Mouse Wheel to zoom in and out.

Regards,

plasma

Dear Jian

about the string I want to draw the letters and numbers on geo file and then exp. to ger.

In a big structure. the part that I want to see goes out of the screen, when I zoom in.
also in 3d view of the structure and 3d pattern when I zoom in to see details it's goes
out of the screen and you cant move it to center only rotate and then you lose the
point.

plasma

Hi, Plasma:

On the strings, we may need to write a program to convert the character into path. It may take a little while.

For the structure zooming on 3D view (on ie3d 14.x), what you can do is the following. You view the whole structure. Rotate the structure to the angle you are most conformtable. Point the mouse to where you want to see the detail. Use the Mouse Wheel to zoom in and out. You may need to adjust your mouse pointer at the location to make sure it is centering at the exact location you want to view.

Best regards,

plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back