Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC testing, need a balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

eecs4ever

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My input source is a single ended signal generator. I would like to use a balun / transformer to change the signal to a differential signal. My ADC is differential .
can you suggest a part i can buy that has good performance up to 200Mhz?

Thanks.

Mini-Circuits has a rich choice of RF transformers, that are often used for clock and AC signal balancing. https://www.minicircuits.com

Personally, I don't use it, cause I have only wideband applications, including DC, which requires differential amplifiers instead.

eecs4ever

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@FvM ... what diff amplifiers do you use and where do you get them?

@eecs4ever ... datasheet of you ADC usually suggest a wideband transformer, if not, choose one from Mini Circuits. Watch out for the correct impedance transformation and termination.

eecs4ever

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For DC enabled ADC application, I mostly use fully differential amplifiers, e. g. AD8131 (fixed gain) or AD8132 (resistor defined gain). Similar devices are available from TI or Linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.