Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC testbench setup and measuring jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgk2004

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am now testing my ADC chip and I think I have a jitter problem. Does anyone know the accuracy of an tektronix MSO 70804 scope and can it measure rms jitter under 1ps? It seems to be just displaying anything from 2.5ps to 3.5ps when measuring the output of my Rohde&schwarz SMA100A signal generator. Also has anyone ever had problems with generating a low jitter signwave from this the SMA100A? I might have some setting in my generator not correct. Any help would be great! Also do I need a filter on the output of my generator?

Also any recommendations on a what is absolutely needed for testing a 12bit sigma delta ADC?

Thanks

JGK

jgk2004 said:
... accuracy of an tektronix MSO 70804 scope and can it measure rms jitter under 1ps?
Hello John,
wouldn't you need a scope with a bandwidth of about 350GHz to get a 1ps resolution?
R'gds to Chichi!
erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back