Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC reference Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrowspace

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello is their any relation between reference , input and resolution of ADC

Hello,

YES !
Resolution = Vref/ N bits ADC
more datas ! ..in the specsheet of ADC

Vref+ should not exceed 5V. Also there should be a difference of 2.5V between Vref- and Vref+ in PIC.

Means if I connect +2.5V at +Vref and -2.5V at -Vref and I read negative voltage using PIC

You can't input negative voltaged to ADC pins. If you set Vref- to 1V and Vref+ to 3.5V and measure.

Even your output voltage depends on the VREF.

Hi,

Have you read the adc specification and theory of operation?
There you find all the information.

You didn't say what ADC you use.

I'm just working on an ADC with Vref of 1.25, but with input voltage range of +/- 1.0V (LTC2170).

Klaus

I am using AD7328 at reference 3VDC for reading input voltage with range +/- 10VDC, my problem is that I am getting full reading from 0 to 10Vdc on my LCD display but resolution is not good . when I change 1 volt my display also get change by 1 volt ,but not getting intermediate value

Hi,

your problem most probably is a software problem.

You need to supply your ADC with at least +/10V to be able to input +/- 10V signal.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.