Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADC gain error formula...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrMunna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
ADC gain error is defined as the difference at the ful scale value between ideal and actual curves when off set error has been removed.

The formual generally used is given in the picture. The first term in the brackets is the Full Scale vlaue in terms of LSB. The second term is for removing the off set error. and (2^N - 2) is the ideal value. My question is that shouldn't this be (2^N - 1) ?? becasue the ideal full scale value is (2^N - 1) Thanks

The reason is that the second term is not V0...00 but V0...01, so inside the brackets you have ((2^N - 1) - (1)).
Anyway I'd expect V0...00

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Out of curiosity I checked the IEEE Std 1241-2010: the static gain is indeed computed betwee code 2^N-1 and code 1 as in the formula you reported - I'm not smart enough to understand why though :)

Reactions: engrMunna

engrMunna

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Thanks! yeah I think the reason is that it is V00..01 and not V00..00

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com