Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC dynamic parameters test

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassim_el85

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

In testing the SNDR specification for an analog to digital converter, how can we choose the input signal amplitude, if the input dynamic range is limited?
should the input signal amplitude force to the full-scale anyway, or it can be reduced, achieving a better dynamic specification?

hi nassim_el85,

for a complete testing you can sweep the amplitude of input signal and plot the relationship of SNDR against amplitude.

Hi

I want to plot SNDR versus an other parameter and I want to know for what input amplitude I should simulate the ADC? Which SNDR is more important for us? the maximum SNDR or the SNDR for full-scale input?

well, i think the maximum SNDR is more important. but in your case, you can select a input amplitude close to the input amplitude with which the maximum SNDR is obtained to reduce the testing time.

it is true to reduce the amplitute to 90% full scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back