Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC characterization (SNDR, THD, SNR) fs and DA sampling rate confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

israel_Y

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an ADC sort of similar to digital ramp ADC (3-bit). I have a clock for the counter, another clock for sample and hold (to sample input signal) and input sine wave to be digitized. My setup to characterize ADC is S/H --> ADC --> DAC --->oscilloscope (DA).

I am using the code from maxim-ic page to calculate SNDR, ENOB..parameters after modifying the code a little (https://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/729). everytime i record the data and do analysis, i get variation in ENOB up to 0.5 which is huge for 3-bit ADC. My question is how should i set the sampling frequency of the oscilloscope??

And in the code there are variables to input such as Fclk, Fin, Fs. I set them as Fclk = sample and hold (S/H) frequency, Fin = sine input frequency and Fs = sampling frequency of oscilloscope. Am i right? please help.

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back