Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC and Measuring voltage difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I didn't use ADC before. Would someone please tell me or give me a link on the concept of ADC / DAC?

How can I measure voltage difference between two or more ADC ports? Can I meassure voltage difference by programming in C?

Thank you

ADC : Analog to Digital converter it is used to transform a physical voltage value to a correponding number this number dependes of what so called a reoulation for example if you have 8 bit resoultion the converted value will be between 0 and 255
DAC : Digital to analog converter the opposite of the above you give it a value it gives you a physical voltage
Can I meassure voltage difference by programming in C?
yes you can by readign the two voltage values butting them in two variable and compre them
How can I measure voltage difference between two or more ADC ports
if your microcontroller has ADC configure the ADC registers probably and read tha ADC data registe
if not use exteranl ADC them consult the data sheet

You can simply subtract both ADC values. Some controller have also an ADC with a difference input. If your controller hasn't such an input then it's teh best to use an operational amplifier.

Gomez

hi;

The following link helps to understand the parameters associated with ADC. it is quite usefull in selecting ADC wich suites your application and it also hepls you in integrating output ADC to higher level system.

**broken link removed**

regards
nagi

Status
Not open for further replies.