Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Adaptive solution setup, process hf3d error: Matrix solver exception: out of memory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

manishmehta

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI friends,
i am working on the Inductor design model, but suddenly i find this error will simulating on HFSS v 11. can any one help me to figure out this error

HFSSDesign1 (DrivenModal)
[error] Adaptive solution setup, process hf3d error: Matrix solver exception: out of memory..
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine

hi
this problem happen when u chose very high accuracy for u simulation u should use a computer with high RAM or decrease u simulation accuracy .

Reactions: ztimar

ztimar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi
this problem happen when u chose very high accuracy for u simulation u should use a computer with high RAM or decrease u simulation accuracy .

Hi...Its a old thread ..but still I have the doubt so will u please clear it ..
I am doing simulation of plasmonic structure at 193THz using drude approach...I have assigned frequency dependent material properties i.e.dielectric constant (-ve) and loss tangent ..and i m getting the same error.. process hf3d error: Matrix solver exception: out of memory....
I hav increased the RAM size 10 10GB...but still have the error .....so kindly help me to resolve the error...

wow
193THz? i think your frequency is not or if your frequency is correct you should notice that HFSS cant work at very high frequency and with this frequency your mesh became very much so solver cant solve it

Hi,
firstly, thanx 4 reply....yes its much high freq. its optical freq......so far i hav sortd out th problem.....by putting freq. dependent value of dielectric constant and conductivity instead of loss tangent...hopes that HFSS has the features to get my final results.....Can u suggest whether CST will b feasible for such high frequency...

i think CST have same problem i saw a software before this if i write true, its name is zimax or like this for high frequency and optic solution may be XFDTD is useful too for u

Which CST? There are many different solvers for CST Microwave Studio.

For structures that are electrically large (many wavelengths), the time domain solvers should be more memory efficient than finite element frequency domain solvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back