Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADA in embedded systems instead of C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetroots

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ADA in embedded systems

I'm considering moving away from C and using ADA (where possible) for embedded work.

I've been using C for about 20 years, and have learned about ADA via designing hardware in VHDL.

Tool support for ADA seems to be pretty poor for embedded work, which is one disadvantage.

Can anyone who uses both languages (for emdedded systems) comment on whether the switch would be worthwhile?

Re: ADA in embedded systems

Hi

I studied ADA years ago .As i recall is a heavy typed laguage , and allows a lot of modularity . It seems to me that is only worthy to go to that trouble if you write huge programs .In excess of 50k lines or more . So
it can be develloped along with other people. The other caracteristisc is
that it has sycrhonizing primitives like RENDEZ VOUS . This can only be used in multitasking programs . If you don't exploit all this resources .You will be using it as a PASCAL language .. So why BOTHER?

Theres is GNUADA and is just a FRONT end to a GNUC .. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back