Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADA and Real-time systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

strombom

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I am taking a course in Real-time systems which is required for my engineering degree. In this course we use ADA95 as the primary language.

I like the course but I would have preferred to use C or real-time Java (as I already know those languages) :)

Is ADA95 a waste of time to learn or is it used in the industry ?

/Johan

ADA is mostly used in ministry of defence projects and in safty critical applications as it is very type safe. ADA was written by a comitee?
C was written by programmers and is a very cool language. Trouble with C is you have so much power, you can screw up quite easily.
ADA is worth learning as defence projects pay big bucks!

i did learn a bit of ADA during my realtime system course.

the lab was on ADA, and i used ObjectADA suite from Aonix...

however, i do not know how ADA suits into a system in real projects (for e.g. defence projects)...

does ADA need to run on some OS? or is it by itself?

You can get ADA compilers for most OS platforms, defence projects usually, but not always use Unix or VMS platforms.

what's about its future? it seems to be the most mature language for realitme now....
any chance of realtime java ?

Wow this a very INTERESTING question .Are you PULLING my leg?

I used to do ADA programming 15 years ago when Ada was HOT !
this language was supposed to SOLVE a lot of COHERENCE problems in BIG PROJECTS .. this was before the C++ revolution .It's a beatiful language . Don't get me wrong is a SUPER PASCAL ..Clean ..elegant .. But .. The computer marquet is NOT DICTATED by such CRAP .! .. but by money .. go where it is .. C++, java .. python
etc .. But i havent' heard a lot of ADA lately ..Otherwise i will tell you
But i love that language.. ah ..it reminds me of this beautiful french girl that used to work on a bakery ..( how i would have love to settle with her!.....)
She always smelled the fresh baked bread ...Ahhh ...ADA !!!!

yeh ADA was a name also.

Ada Lovelace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back