Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD10 - library problem with non-existent pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

drnicolas

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to develop a component for TRINAMIC TMC428.

This chip comes in 3 different housings (DIP20, SO24 and SSOP16)

The larger housings have some extra pins, such as 5V and GND (twice each), while SSP16 has those pins only once.
In PinMap now there is nothing in Model Pin-Number, component-Pin-Number says "GND2"

Compiling this library, AD10 complains about "Could not find port '' on model 'SSO-G16...' for ping 'GND2'
Some lines for the other extra pins follow-

How do I handle this ?

One thing could be to copy this component, change the schematic symbol (no extra pins)

But there must be a more elegant way

I would reccomend creating libraries based on parts, thus ou need 3 parts to cover the above as each part has:
Its own part number.
Its own footrpint.
Its own bespoke schematic symbol.
That way when you do a final BOM on a designit will be right, with the correct part numbers, and thus you will get the correct poart from your suppliers for the board. Cutting corners in library development is wrong and will cause bigger problems down the line, much bigger.

Thank you for your answer.

So, my problem can be solved with copy & paste

yes, creat 3 parts. Pedantic and meticulous library managementis the key to succsesful ECAD and PCB design and assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back